*** STAY ISSUED 4/22/16: MA DPU issued a Stay of Tennessee request to survey properties (Dockets 16-01, -02, and -03)
*** STATEMENT 4/20/16: KM/TGP has “suspended further work and expenditures on the Northeast Energy Direct (NED) project.”
» Kinder Morgan Statement on Northeast Direct Energy project.
MassPLAN is a coalition member of the Pipe Line Awareness Network for the Northeast.
» DPU Proceedings (Electrical Distribution Company Contract Approval Proceedings, and More)
***Kinder Morgan formal FERC application — new NED Docket No. CP16-21*** Deadline to intervene has passed; you can still file after the deadline if you have a compelling reason.
» NED Application files available for review here
» New pipelines are not safer than old pipelines:
“As US rushes to build gas lines, failure rate of new pipes has spiked” – SNL Financial, 9/9/15
- Massachusetts Attorney General’s Regional Electric Reliability Options Study
- Scoping comments filed by Massachusetts Attorney General; Appendix
- Study Prepared for GDF Suez -Analysis of Alternative Winter Reliability Solutions for New England Energy Markets – August 2015
- Acadia Center: The Missing Energy Crisis
- “Gordon Van Welie, Do Your Job” – an open letter to the CEO of ISO New England
- Dealing with Surveyors – Preemptively, and when you find them on your property
- More Information and Resources for Landowners
- Draft Environmental Report for NED, March 13, 2015
- On Rate Hikes and Price Spikes
- Video highlighting impacts of co-locating along utility corridors
- Sightline Report – “The Facts About Kinder Morgan”
Individuals who have contributed information to the site include landowners whose property would be crossed by the proposed pipeline path, landowners who already have gas pipelines through their property, individuals who work with land trusts, environmental organizations, or town governments, and concerned citizens across the Commonwealth.